Monday, December 28, 2015

The Easiest Soup Ever

Chicken Tortilla Soup

Taco Soup

White Chicken Chili

This soup has many different names, but all equate to the same Crockpot full of deliciousness. 

It's my go-to soup! 

Feeling like you have 4-8 hrs to prep dinner, and want to make this soup? Great! Grab that Crockpot!

Feel like you're barely squeaking by, and only have an hour to prepare this soup? No problem! Grab your best stock pot! 

This soup is easy-peasy! 

(And won me first place in the Non-Traditional soup category, at the church chili cook-off!) 

I won an apron. It's currently residing in my Dad's shop, next to his grilling accessories.


Now for the recipe:


Chicken Tortilla Soup

32 oz. Chicken Stock
(No chicken stock? Use boullion cubes and water! The ratios are on the package!)
2-4 cans Canned Chicken
(Or regular chicken, if you have the time, you All-Star, you!)
• 2-4 cans Beans 
(navy, black, kidney, doesn't really matter, just use what you've got!)
2 cans Rotel
(Get mild, if you like things tame, get original if you want to kick it up a notch.)
• 2 cans Corn
(Pretty self explanatory.)
2 cans Cream of Chicken soup
(Because every great recipe has this in it! ;) )
• 4 cups cheese + Enough to sprinkle
(I use fiesta, Mexican, or something exotic like that. Use whatever you've got. I promise it'll be delicious. Put 4 cups in the soup, and have enough on hand to sprinkle it on the top, when serving.)
12 oz. + 12 oz. Sour Cream
(12 oz. to dump in the soup, 12 oz. for a garnish when serving!)
 Spices.
(Do whatever you'd like. Mine are different every time. My staples, though, are pepper, roasted garlic and herb, and something to give it kick!)

Today, I made this at my friends house, and these are the spices she had on hand, so that's what I used! 




Put everything in your Crockpot, in order. Let it cook on High for 2 hours, stir, then reduce to Low until you're ready to serve. If using a Stockpot, throw it all in, cook on High until boiling, stirring often so your cheese doesn't burn on the bottom of your pan, then reduce down to Simmer, until you're ready to serve! 

Get your bowl, crunch the chips, add the soup, sprinkle with cheese, and a dollop of Daisy (sour cream). And ENJOY! 


Beautiful bowls of bountiful goodness.


#yum

Let me know whatcha think! 


46 comments:

  1. Your Instagram video looked like it had some sort of "cream of" something soup in it. But I don't see that listed here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom brain!

      2 cans of cream of chicken! I added it above, as well! Thank you!

      Delete
  2. This is one of my staples too! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good, I like the canned chicken idea, super easy. I'll have to try this tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is this what Jessa made on the epidsode last night? Hers looked delish too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure! I didn't catch the episode last night! :)

      Delete
  5. Use a packet of white chicken chili seasoning from the spice/gravy packets section. It's so good like that. And I add fresh cilantro.

    ReplyDelete
  6. cant wait to try this

    ReplyDelete
  7. My crock pot is almost overflowing with this right now, I can't wait to taste it tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Making this for dinner tonight! Smells sooo amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing your recipe. Going to put it in my Jan. Meals list!! Can't wait to make it! Are you feeling better after being sick and going to hospital? Hope you're doing well and getting some rest!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it! I am feeling remarkably better than I was a month and a half ago! :) Thank you so much for the well-wishes!

      Delete
  10. Just made this and it was amazing! I only had 15 min to let it cook on the stove and it turned out fine. The kids loved it as well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWESOME!

      My kiddos love it, too! (Hence why it's my favorite!) ;)

      Delete
  11. Can't wait to try it. How many people will it serve?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not 100% sure on the answer! My guess would be 20 or so? We all eat it, and then have PLENTY of leftovers!

      Delete
  12. Wow Sierra, I love this recipe! Thank you for sharing!
    I just read your post about submission, and even though i am not married and don't face the same obstacles that you do, what you wrote made me have a whole other perspective on submission! Thank you so much.
    God Bless you and your family!

    ~Alissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alissa,

      I'm so glad you enjoyed it! God is so good! I pray that you continue to seek Him, with your whole heart!

      Delete
    2. Thank you Sierra! I will be praying for you and your family as well!
      God Bless
      ~Alissa

      Delete
  13. you are such a precious young lady! my daughter and I have enjoyed watching you when you were on the Duggars shows! happy to have found your blog! very inspirational!! and yummy recipes too! thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well praise God! Enjoy the soup, and thank you for your encouraging words! Praying God blesses you and your family!

      Delete
  14. I made this over the weekend and it was a delight! I kept searching for recipes online but they all seemed "too fancy" for my liking and budget. Thanks for sharing this simple, yet yummy dish! God Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you enjoyed it!!! God bless you and yours!

      Delete
  15. Made this tonight! It was yummy:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your blog, I am a mom of 10.5 month old twins and sometimes feel overwhelmed. You are such an encouragement and beacon of light for Him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol,

      WOOOOW! You are an amazing Momma! I can totally relate to feeling overwhelmed! Remember this: 1.) A hot shower changes even the most overwhelmed perspectives and 2.) You are not alone! Feel free to email me, if you ever need to talk! dojosdesigns@yahoo.com

      Delete
  17. Regarding this recipe. Yes, I loved it.....and have made it many times over the years.

    But, not since I learned this....
    Bouillon is full of MSG (monosodium glutamate), which like Aspartame, is a neurotoxin(substances that are poisonous or destructive to nerve tissue. MSG can adversely affect function in both developing and mature nervous tissue.

    Tony Chacheres creole seasoning may also still contain it (hidden under one of the names). It used to and I threw mine out so can't check to see if it is still in there.

    Chicken soup contains it.

    We have been entrusted with these little lives and we need to make sure as mommies we need to look out for these.

    Check out articles on MSG by numerous doctors, such as Russell Blaylock M.D. Excitotoxins: The Taste That Kills.



    You won't see it on some labels as monosodium glutamate goes by many different names (over 14!) Google to learn them.

    P.S. I just learned that Aldi no longer carries food that has MSG!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the encouragement, and wisdom! God bless you!

      Delete
  18. I learned the following about Aldi that is a great help to busy moms so we don't have to try read every label to see if it has bad things we don't want in our precious ones bodies.

    FRESH ORGANIC PRODUCE, MEAT AND DAIRY –no added antibiotics, free of artificial growth hormones, animal by-products and other additives.They carry some GLUTEN FREE items, LACTOSE FREE MILK AND CHEESE, and there are NO CERTIFIED SYNTHETIC COLORS, PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED OILS (TRANS FATS) OR ADDED MSG in their private-label products. Certified synthetic colors have been replaced with natural, plant-based ingredients such as beet juice or turmeric for coloring.


    Great article to read: https://tulsage.wordpress.com/2016/03/27/where-does-aldis-food-come-from

    ReplyDelete
  19. How much does this make? I am wanting to make this tonight, sounds delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Also,if I make it with real chicken, how much do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. About 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts!

      Delete
  21. This looks great ! I'm a Mum of 5 hungry children so any recipe that looks like it'll fill them up is a winner ��
    What is Rotel ? I'm not sure we have that here .
    Suze

    ReplyDelete
  22. I feel ya there. I think overwhelmed is my motto now. My twins are almost 2 months. I also have a 2 year old daughter and 3 1/2 year old son 4 under 4 is hard! Grateful for quick easy meals like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sierra my husband is in love with this soup. So is my mother in law. My husband said No wonder she won it's amazing. Thank you for sharing your recipes.

    ReplyDelete