Monday, October 31, 2016

💩 "A Case of the Poo-tastic Monday's." 💩

It started off as normal as humanely possible. Feeding 5 kids Wild Berry Pop Tarts, filling and refilling water bottles & sippy cups. Then plopping down on my "Momma Perch" (a chair and a half that is like jumping on the lap of a life size teddy bear)

As the 3 younger ones finished, the 2 olders sweetly played a game of "catch" with their England hats (from their Nanny), and a ball. Then one-by-one, the toddlers entered the room. The lone Pop Tart eater was the beloved Squish. Then, as she finished, Daylon got a wet paper towel, and helped me wipe off the jelly goodness, that had encrusted her lovely wrist rolls. We laughed, joyfully doing this task together. All 5 were playing sweetly together. Fun games of "chase me" and "watch this". Then, the oldest came to report.

"Momma, Edyn pooped!"

"Okay, buddy! Let's make sure she's done, then I'll change her!"

He runs off. Then right after he exits the room, Daylon enters.

"Hey! Umm Momma! Edyn pooooooped! It's stinky!"

"Okay, bud! Khai just told me, I'll come check her, and make sure she's done!"

As I'm walking towards the giggles, and noise in my bedroom, I spot the Squish. She looked up at me with a string of snot out the left nostril, and a toothy grin so wide, her chubby cheeks squinted her eyes nearly closed.

"Maaa maaa maaa maa!"

"Squishles!"

She was crawling, so I scooped both my hands under her belly, and flipped her onto my shoulder. She squealed with delight, and I reverse flipped her, as I laid her on the floor in her room to change that burn-your-eyes sensation that was caged in the beloved diaper. 

At this point, I felt like a rodeo cowboy trying to wrestle a baby calf into the perfect position, so I could get those two sides off, to begin inspection.

Then she, like a good Squishy calf, did a 180, and was belly down, trying to crawl away. That's when I saw it. POO ON THE CARPET. 

What the whiskers? Size 6 diaper, don't fail me now!!!

And then I saw it. The cute purple "Wilderness Safari" tshirt she was wearing, had a chunky green goo ALL THE WAY UP HER BACK.

"Oh no," I said audibly. 

"C'mon Squish! Time for a happy bathy!"
I gingerly scooped her up, and was holding her about a foot away from me, as not to smear anything, ANYWHERE.

I walk through the pile of kids, in the middle of my living room, and a game of 20 questions ensued.

"MOM! Why does Edyn have green pudding all over her?!"

"Momma! SHE STINKS!"

"Yucky!"

"Das gwoss!"

"Guys! She pooped, its all over, I need to give her a bath!"

I started rolling the tshirt inside itself, as a way to corral the stinky goo, then stripped of the leggings that are SO skin tight, they look painted on, then took off the diaper, threw it in a Walmart sack, and chucked it near the trash can. I used the nozzle, so I could get a steady spray going on, to act as the most efficient way to remove the goo that was all the way up to her neck. Poo goo was on my sink, on my counter, on my hands, and all the while, she just kept cheerfully jabbering, and smiling at me!

Then my oldest walks in the room. 

"Uhh Momma??? What. Is. that."

I could tell he was alarmed, but was too busy de-gooing everything. My ponytail tried slipping over my shoulder, into the mess. 

NOT TODAY. 

I swung my long pony tail, over my shoulder, and looked at my son. His eyes were the size of quarters. 

"What's what babe?!"

He put his hand over his mouth, and pointed towards me.

"THAT, on your shirt!"

"My shirt??"

I glance over my shoulder, and see it.

A streak of poo goo all.across.my.shoulder. 

How could this happen?

How does POO get on my shoulder???

Why is it in a perfect, 6 inch long line?!

Then my Mommy brain started firing. Remembering back a mere 6 minutes before, and retracing my poo goo steps.

Mommy.Stinky.Okay.Scoopherup. THROWOVERSHOULDER. Laughing. 

When I threw her over my shoulder, the diaper that had reached max capacity, gently oozed a perfect line that would make cake decorators jealous, onto my shoulder.

"At least my HAIR is in a ponytail." I thought to myself. 

Then that silver lining was quickly debunked faster than the two guys from Mythbusters, as I remembered it almost dipping into the watery mess, and I swung it over my shoulder. 

No, friends, not the poo-free shoulder.

I asked Khai to stand watch as I ran to my bedroom, tore off the goo dress, wrapped my ponytail into a bun (SURVIVAL MODE, PEOPLE), and threw on the closest tshirt, and skirt I could find.

I ran back out, finished hosing off the Squish, got her washed, dried, clothed, and snuggled, then laid her down for a Happy Nappy.

This all happened the first 26 minutes of me being awake. 

The hilarity of it all, is I've got something huge, spiritually, physically, and mentally starting tomorrow.

So today was going to be my "rest day" L.O.L.

But you know what? Rest day, or not, I'm going to choose Joy today! 

I'm thankful for warm running water, to hose off whatever human needs it, whenever we need it. I'm thankful for size 6 diapers from Sam's club, that hold *most* of our needs, when we, at all times, have 3 kiddos in diapers. I'm thankful for the honesty of a 6 year old. (Who KNOWS how long it would've taken me to notice!) I'm thankful for the squishiest, loveable Squish you ever did see! I'm thankful that I'm at home, and could take care of this mini emergency, in the four walls of MY nest! I'm thankful for the strength God gives me each day. This season is where I earn those Mommy stripes! If it were easy, I'd get bored. It's definitely NOT easy, and I'm NEVER bored! And finally, I'm thankful for Light Roast Hazelnut coffee, French vanilla creamer, and Hershey's chocolate sauce. So that I could make the adult version of chocolate milk, to ease me back to a state of Joy. It's a choice, folks.

I have people warn me that I'll miss this phase. And I know without a shadow of a doubt, I will. 

And for all the rest of you "Survival Mode" seasoners. I see you, I know how hard it is, and I promise to tell you you have a cheerio stuck to your rear, if you'll inform me of any goo on my shoulder. 

👊🏻👱🏻♀️

Choose Joy. Speak Life. And Keep Marching.

Our footprints are leaving a legacy for our kiddos to follow. May it be a Godly one.

Oh... and happy Monday, folks! 

Share with a friend who *might* need Survival Mode encouragement!

31 comments:

  1. This has honestly made my day, I think we have all had days like this! ���� sending blessings and good (poop free) vibes from the UK Sierra!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your honesty, humor and encouragement! Being a mama of 4, I laughed out loud at the reality and relatability of your morning! Thanks for keeping it light (and hilarious) and choosing joy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😜😜😜

      Laugh or cry, right?!

      Keep marching, sweet Mama!

      Delete
  3. You rock, Momma! I was just texting my husband 'I am covered in barf'- glad I'm not the only one. My five week old enjoys spitting up just past the burp cloth while my two year old provides commentary. :) good times!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh sister, been there too!

      Praying you'll get a hot shower, and a moment to breathe! 💜

      Delete
  4. Very well written and also a good reminder to find the joy even in the hard situations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sierra you're the best! This made me laugh so hard. I don't have kids yet, but thanks for the reminder that you can find joy and gratitude even in the stinkiest of things. You could have looked at the mess as a burden and said WHY ME, but yet you chose to remember that your Squish was a blessing that makes your heart overflow with love (somewhat like her diaper) and she'll only be that little for a little while. Thank you for sharing honestly about your Momma stories- they really are an encouragement. Keep on keepin on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm still hoping you'll vlog one day or maybe throw us a video every once in a while. 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're sweet! I'm still researching vlogging! I'll keep ya posted!

      Delete
  7. Sierra, you have been an encouragement to me since I "met" you through the tv years ago and more and more since! I'm not a mommy though I have a mommy heart and get to mommy/auntie my precious 3 niece blessing many days a week! They are 6, 3 (on Sunday ☺️), and 14 months and they are the light of my life as well as the source of many poo moments of our own lol! Thanks for being real/relatable and also reminding me that in each moment, no matter how gross it be, joy is a choice ❤️
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Joy is a choice." My battle cry for the past 3 years! :) Thank you for the encouraging words! God bless you and yours!

      Delete
  8. This made me smile as I`m starting my day at home,unplanned, with a sick two year old. Love from Norway <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Norway?!? SOOO cool! I can't believe someone is reading my words half way around the world! Keep marching, sweet Momma!

      Delete
  9. Funny story but just a helpful mom tip it might be the size of the diaper also. Size 6 is typically for 35lbs +..... perhaps it is not snug enough. She is a little one so it might just be too big.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She weighs 35 lbs! LOL! But thank you for the knowledge!

      Delete
  10. I hope the rest of your day went better! �� But I know if it didn't, you would have chosen joy. What a blessing & encouragement to us all to see this apparent in your life. ☺Thanks for the reminder that it's our job to choose. Praying for you for whatever tough thing is going on today. Hugs to you, dear mama!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahahah so great. I have been crazy busy the past few days and this was a good reprieve. A laugh and giggle when in a go go go mind frame. I don't have children (yet) but have been in childcare in someway or another for the last 12 years and have had a many poo day moments. Your so funny and joyful. thanks for marching on and sharing it with all of us. it's motivation while we are doing the same that we are in it together sister. Sisters in the lord we are!! Thank you for making a faithful family a reality in this crazy society we face each day. Honestly i'm so thankful for your blog. Here's to poop and the joy that comes with it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! Thank you so much for your sweet words! God bless you!

      Delete
  12. Ohhh my gosh- your patience and joy is really inspiring to me, and I'm not even married yet! Trying to apply these principles to my daily life. Thank you! Much love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I fail everyday, just grateful I have a chance to seek forgiveness, and keep marching!

      Delete
  13. This made me laugh so much !!! I've definitely been there more than once 😂
    The 1st time I went to a friends house - a friend who happens to be crazy tidy !! With my daughter who had been suffering with constipation suddenly pooped a poonarmi it just wouldn't stop 🙈 All over her all over me - it ran off her changing mat onto her CREAM carpet it was awful !! With me in near tears convinced I'd never be invited round again - she just laughed and helped me clean up the goop xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those make the best friends! (And I'm betting she's had to clean poo off that cream carpet, too!) ;)

      Delete
  14. Uh this post made my day. You are such an encouragement. I saw in the earlier comments that you're considering vlogging. I second that! When people are going though horrible times it's the little things that keep one going. This blog was defiantly it for me. Thanks my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praise God! Yep, still researching the vlogosphere! :)

      Delete
  15. You are hilarious with your descriptions. Sharing this blog post for others to enjoy.
    And yes, you do have beautiful children

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're sweet! Thank you so much for the share, and the sweet words!

      Delete
  16. Oh my goodness! I can relate to this! Thank you so much for sharing! Thank you for the reminder to CHOOSE joy! I have a hard time doing that. Happy early Thanks Giving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pray you had a wonderful time with family for the holidays! God Bless you!

      Delete